How to Apply
- Students must be a high school aged junior or senior
- Click Here to apply to Virginia Western Community College.
- If you have previously applied to or taken any dual enrollment courses with Virginia Western and already have an EMPLID# (Virginia Western ID number), please proceed to Step 2.
- Complete all placement testing requirements for the academy you wish to participate in next year. Testing requirements can be found on the Programs page.
- Please note: You will need to know your testing scores prior to filling out the Regional Academy application in Step 3.
- Complete and submit the 1st Year Regional Academy Application Form.
- Submit all remaining 1st Year Regional Academy forms listed below. (These forms can be found on the Regional Academy Forms page.)
- Parent/Guardian and Student Commitment Form (All signatures must be signed on the form)
- Two Recommendation Forms
- Students must submit two recommendation forms. One letter of recommendation must come from a math or science teacher. The second recommendation form can be filled out by a second teacher or a community leader.
- Once completed, the forms can be given directly to the student in a sealed envelope, faxed to the Dual Enrollment Office (540) 857-6478, or scanned and E-mailed to .
- Under 18 Parent Signature Form
- Dual Enrollment- HB1184 Declaration of Intent Form
- Student Information Release Form (FERPA)
- An unofficial copy of your High School transcript
- All Regional Academy forms can either be:
- Faxed to the Dual Enrollment Office at (540) 857-6478,
- Scanned & E-mailed to ;
- Or delivered in-person to the Dual Enrollment Office, Fishburn Hall, F125.
- Students accepted into the Regional Academy will be responsible for completing the Enrollment Approval Form and obtaining High School approval signature prior to each semester.
Completed applications are accepted December 1st through March 31st.
- Space is limited. Application selection and review by the college will begin as soon as a student’s completed application is submitted to the Dual Enrollment Office.
- Your application must have all components before it is considered complete. Call the Dual Enrollment Office at (540) 857-7313, if you need additional information or have questions regarding the application process. You may also E-mail your questions to .
- Academy tuition must be paid at the time of course registration or no later than June 1st for the Fall semester and December 1st for the Spring semester. Click here for ways to pay tuition and fees. Students can also contact our Cashier’s Office, (540) 857- 6312, for more information regarding tuition payment.
- Tuition assistance may be available for students interested in applying to the Claude Moore Pre-Health program or the Claude Moore Nurse Aide program. Click here for more information.
Acceptance and New Student Orientation
Acceptance will be communicated through E-mail to the student. Students accepted into the Regional Academy will be required to participate in an orientation prior to the start of the Fall semester. Details of the orientation will be provided in the letter of acceptance.
Dr. Kathryn H. Beard, Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Kelly Albert, Dual Enrollment Specialist
Location: Fishburn Hall F125C
Mailing Address 3093 Colonial Ave SW Roanoke, VA 24015