About Virginia Western :: College Policies
- About VWCC
- Administrative Offices
- Maps & Directions
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Leadership & Governance
- Legal & Policies
- Emergency Preparedness
- Strategic Plan - Success 2021
- Event Facilities
- Off-Campus Facilities
- Educational Foundation
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Marketing & Communications
- Career & Corporate Training
- Employment Opportunities
- Mission & Vision
- Diversity & Inclusion
I-49: Faculty Office Hours: Pandemic Exception
Policy Number: I-49
Last Reviewed: June 23, 2020
Responsible Dept.: Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs
A signed copy of this policy is available in the President's Office.
Office hours should total 10 hours per week during fall and spring semesters. Office hours should be scheduled in increments of at least 30 minutes.
- 1 office hour will be granted for participation in the Activity Hour (Tuesdays 2-3 PM) or other scheduled College Committee.
- 5 office hours will be face-to-face (Pandemic Exception - May be conducted using Zoom, email, or phone)
- Minimum of three days per week
- Minimum of 30 minute increments
- 1 office hour for e-mail correspondence
- 3 office hours that will be flexible - i.e. virtual, face-to-face or a combination
Special Assignments - 1 credit of Special Assignment is equivalent to 40 hours of work over the course of the semester (fall, spring, or summer). Special Assignment should be reported on the faculty schedule as 1 hour per week of “Administrative hours” for every credit of release time.
Summer Session Office Hours (Pandemic Exception - May be conducted using Zoom, email, or phone)
- 10-week courses -1 hour per course per week
- 5-week courses - 2 hours per course per week
- Online hours may be used for distance learning courses or with permission from the Dean for face-to-face courses.
Office hours should total 12-19 per week during fall and spring semesters based on the number of credits taught according to the table below. Office hours should be scheduled in increments of at least 30 minutes.
|Credits/Contact Hours||Office Hours||Total|
Adjunct Faculty should schedule one office hour per week per course taught. This applies to summer, fall and spring classes. Office hours should be scheduled in increments of at least 30 minutes.