About Virginia Western :: Legal & Policies
- About VWCC
- Administrative Offices
- Maps & Directions
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Leadership & Governance
- Legal & Policies
- Emergency Preparedness
- Strategic Plan - Success 2021
- Event Facilities
- Off-Campus Facilities
- Educational Foundation
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Marketing & Communications
- Workforce Solutions
- Employment Opportunities
- Mission & Vision
- Community/Met Opera
Web Privacy, Security & Content Disclaimer
Web Privacy Statement
It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that agencies of the Commonwealth will collect and retain personal information about citizens only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; collect only appropriate information; provide the reason the information is collected so that citizens shall understand that reason clearly and enable citizens to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body.
The Virginia Western College Web site:
- May collect one or more of the following pieces of personal information: your email address, name, social security number, date of birth, phone number, or course assignments. Any of this information is collected to meet your specific online requests. If you choose not to provide this personal information, you will be unable to receive some of the services this Web site offers.
- Collects your IP address, pages browsed, and date and time of your visit. This information is used for internal College statistical purposes only.
- Uses only temporary cookies (i.e., files which may contain a variety of information) on some Web pages for screen colors and graphics or to track movement on the site but will not place them permanently on your hard drive. When you exit the Web site, the file is automatically removed.
- May link to other Web sites that may or may not collect data that does not have a relationship to the College through using cookies. You should check for a policy on the linked to Web page.
- Safeguards any information gathered in compliance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and does not supply any gathered information to other individuals or organizations, except in compliance with those laws.
Approved by ITC and Admin. Council 11/07/00
Virginia Western Community College ensures the integrity of our systems and that the data we store is protected. The college has gone beyond industry standards to protect our systems by using firewalls, IDS/ISP devices, NAC protection, requiring authentication (systems, networks and data), requiring encryption of all sensitive data and applying all physical security possible. We perform monitoring of all systems and networks; network modeling and shaping, employ the latest Anti-virus / Anti Spam protection, and performing audits of all systems and networks. We instill the concept of security and data protection in everything we do including our day to day business practices; new systems, network and building designs; and as a overall part of the colleges desire to keep our environment and data safe and private.
Virginia Western Community College provides its website, catalog, and handbooks for your general guidance. The college does not guarantee that the information contained within them, including, but not limited to, the contents of any page that resides under the DNS registrations of virginiawestern.edu, the associated marketing site of http://www.wheresyourthere.com, and the associated social media sites of http://www.facebook.com/virginiawestern, http://www.twitter.com/virginiawestern, and http://www.youtube.com/virginiawestern is up-to-date, complete and accurate, and individuals assume any risks associated with relying upon such information without checking other credible sources, such as a college advisor. In addition, a student's or prospective student's reliance upon course information contained within these sources, or individual program catalogs or handbooks, when making academic decisions does not constitute, and should not be construed as, a contract with the college. Further, the college reserves the right to make changes to any provision or requirement within these sources, as well as changes to any curriculum or program, whether during a student's enrollment or otherwise.
Links to other materials and websites provided in these sources are also for information purposes only and do not constitute the college’s endorsement of products or services referenced in such materials.
Phone: 540-857-VWCC (8922)
3094 Colonial Ave., SW
Roanoke, VA 24015
We use the VW Mass Notification System to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. Get more info and register!